The Meteorological Department, Grenada Airports Authority is monitoring showery activity associated with an approaching tropical wave.
An active tropical wave is forecast to move across Grenada and the rest of the Windward Islands on Thursday, 5 October 2023.
This wave is expected to bring showers, gusty winds during heavier showers, and possible isolated thunder and lightning as it traverses the island chain.
The Meteorological Office has issued a warning for a MEDIUM CHANCE of flash flooding, and landslides for Thursday and Friday morning, 5 and 6 October.
- Horizontal visibility may be temporarily reduced due to moderate and/or heavy rainfall
- Gusty winds in and around heavy showers can result in broken branches
- There is the potential for lightning strikes to occur during thunderstorms
- Be aware of possible delays caused by flooded roadways, especially in low-lying areas
- There is the possibility of minor landslides
- There is the possibility of broken branches due to gusty winds and heavy showers
NaDMA and the Meteorological Office will continue to monitor the wave and provide updates as necessary. Please be reminded that the 2023 Atlantic Hurricane season ends on 30 November.
NaDMA, the official source for all disaster related information in Grenada.