Call for 2014 Projects:
The GRENLEC Community Partnership Initiative (GCPI) is administered by GRENLEC to contribute to community development through partnerships with community and stakeholder development initiatives in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. Over the last twenty years, programmes valued at fourteen million dollars have impacted a broad range of our communities and people. These initiatives are funded through 5% pre-tax profits that the Company is obligated to utilise for this purpose and are aimed at:
- Improving the quality of life of vulnerable groups and the communities in which GRENLEC operates
- Positively impacting the holistic development of the human resource capital of our nation
- Creating opportunities for youth development
- Fostering the preservation of culture, heritage and safe, clean environments
- Support for sport
We are inviting established community groups and non-profit organisations to partner with us and with other development collaborators to enhance our communities and the lives of our citizens.
- Social Services/Community Development: established, sustainable developmental projects; infrastructural and other sustainable programmes to benefit vulnerable communities
- Education: broad-based developmental programmes to benefit schools, vulnerable groups and the wider community; programmes that contribute to the development of our nation’s human resource capital
- Environment: projects that serve to develop awareness or preserve land-based and marine resources for the benefit of communities
- Science and Technology/Energy: programmes and projects that encourage innovation and sustainability; programmes that promote interest in these areas
- Sport: infrastructural and/or developmental initiatives of umbrella sporting associations and recognised stakeholders
- Arts, Heritage and Culture: national and parish events; developmental programmes
We invite eligible non-profit entities to submit projects to be considered for funding in 2014 between 23 September 2013 and 15 January 2014. Please e-mail applications in Word .doc format. Supporting documents may be presented in other appropriate formats. Use project proposal format below. Maximum size of attachments is 10 MB. Please reduce document size and/or send in separate messages appropriately titled. Deadline: 15 January 2014.
The GCPI will carefully select those projects that meet the criteria to be financed during 2014. Where good projects cannot be included because of the availability of funds, we will ask organisations to adjust their project or resubmit in another year. The list of projects to be funded during 2014 will be published in March 2014.
How to Apply:
Review GCPI guidelines and submit completed application form. Pay attention to requirements for supporting documents.
Written acknowledgement of each request will be made, in writing, within (14) working days of receipt.
Please submit completed application forms via email, post, or to any GRENLEC Customer Care Centre:
Grenada Electricity Services Ltd.
P O Box 381
Customer Care Centres
- Grand Anse, St. George
- Bruce Street, St. George’s
- Grenville, St. Andrew
- Main Street, Carriacou
- Sanchez, Petite Martinique
Telephone: (473) 440–2097
Fax: (473) 440–4106
E-mail: [email protected]
2014 PROJECT PROPOSAL FORMAT
1. BASIC INFORMATION
Person in charge of project:
E-mail/fixed phone/ mobile phone:
Funds needed from GRENLEC: Eastern Caribbean Dollars
List other sources of funding and include letters of commitment:
Total cost of project: Eastern Caribbean Dollars
Description of Beneficiaries: (numbers, age range, gender)
2. BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Briefly explain the needs your project addresses and the characteristics of the communities it benefits. Describe how this project relates to other areas or activities of your organisation and community. Mention how you plan to combine the funds provided by the GCPI with other funds or resources to make your project sustainable.
3. OBJECTIVES AND BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT
Describe project and its main goals. Detail the contribution your organisation and the community will make to the project. Remember to convert all expenditures to Eastern Caribbean dollars.
Be specific about the way you will manage the project, technical assistance that will be provided, how the community will be participating in this project, the impact that this project is expected to have and how you will measure its success. Describe the experience of the professional/technical team that will implement the project.
For infrastructural projects, detail matching or in-kind contributions to the project. Detail sources of ongoing resources such as staff salaries, or replacement of consumable supplies.
Briefly describe any challenges that exist or may arise and a plan for dealing with them to allow the project to be successfully implemented.
5. ORGANISATION DETAILS
Provide information about your organisation: legal status, staff, officers, infrastructure, main financial sources, and experience in implementing projects. Include financial statements.
6. SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
Please ensure that you submit relevant documents listed below and any others required by law or industry standards.
- Estimates – Three (3) estimates addressed to your organisation are required for projects, where goods or services must be procured. Estimates should detail specifications or work to be done, warranties and shipping costs, where appropriate.
- Establish land ownership or written authorisation to make modifications from the appropriate body.
- Approved architectural and engineering drawings, where appropriate.
- List all activities planned, even where request is for partial funding. Propose a timetable and estimate costs per item, stating how each item will be financed. Projects should be completed by November 2014 or divided into phases where they cannot be completed within 2014.
- Plan for making your project and activities visible.
- Proof of registration and non-profit status.
- Letters of commitment for funding and other support.
E-mail [email protected] for an application form and further details. If you have any questions related to this application, please contact us: (473) 440–2097 ext. 314