The Government of the People’s Republic of China in collaboration with the Government of Grenada, is offering scholarships for individuals to study in Chinese universities for Undergraduate Programmes, Master’s Programmes or Doctoral Programmes in the academic year 2023/2024.
All applicants MUST:
- Be a citizen of Grenada
- Be in good health (mentally and physically)
- Be willing to learn the Chinese Language for the first year as the course of study will be taught in Chinese
- Be a high school graduate under 25 years when applying for undergraduate programmes
- Be a Bachelor’s Degree holder under 35 years when applying for master’s programmes
- Be a Master’s Degree holder under 40 years when applying for doctoral programmes
- Be a high school graduate (at least) under 45 years when applying for general scholar programmes
- Be a Master’s Degree holder or an Associate Professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programmes
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3 when applying for Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar programmes
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3 when applying for Chinese-taught senior scholar programmes
- Have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4 when applying for a Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programme
- Meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria
PLEASE NOTE: Uploaded supporting documents must be done using professional device to scan documents and ensure they are clear, certified, and valid.
Please carefully read ALL the instructions before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org.
Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and log in with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish entering personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Program Category”.
Please select Programme Category “Type A”.
Step 4: Input the correct Agency Number.
Your Agency Number is: 3081
Program Category and Agency Number are directly matched, both are mandatory for online application. After entering the agency number, the matched agency name will automatically show on the page. As Programme Category and Agency Number are directly matched, application processing authorities will not receive your online application if the programme category or agency number is not correct.
Step 5: Input Application Information
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
When applicants of “Type A” application choose the “Preferences of Institutes”, the system will automatically match the available universities according to the selected “Student Category, Preferred teaching language and Major Applying for”. With any inquiry concerning the available majors of each university, please visit the following website: http://www.campuschina.org/universities/index.html
“Catalog of Discipline Field, First-level Discipline, and Specialty” is available from the “Help”. Applicants can download the file to identify the relation between Discipline and Major.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendment cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information”.
Before the application is processed by the processing authorities, applicant can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicant must submit at second time after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click” Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer
For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
Applicants MUST print ALL application documents and submit 3 copies of each of the following to the Scholarship Desk, at the Ministry of Education/Human Resource Development:
- Pre-admission documents issued by the universities selected on the application form for the Chinese Government Scholarship
- An applicant for the arts or design programme must provide his/her own work (such as videos and paintings)
- Certified copy of Passport Bio-data (front) Page. The passport must not expire before 1 March 2025
- 3 passport-sized photographs
- Certified copies of the highest diploma
- Certified copies of CXC, CAPE, and Associate Degree certificates
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Certified copy of birth certificate
- Recommendation letters
- An applicant to study in China for more than 6 months must submit a photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. The medical examinations must cover all the items listed on the Foreigner Physical Examination Form. Incomplete records or those without the signature of the attending physician, the official stamp of the hospital, or a sealed photograph of the applicant are invalid. Medical examination results are valid for only 6 months. https://www.visaforchina.cn/HAG2_EN/generalinformation/downloads/265928.shtml
- Submit a valid Police Certificate of Non-Criminal Record usually issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application
- Certified copy of language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programmes must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements. Applicants for other language-taught programmes must provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report.
- Research Proposal/Study Plan (minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.) Topics should include:
- Describe how acquiring this academic degree will directly impact and enhance your professional skills in your current job position or future career
- Explain how you intend to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in the specific field of study that you will pursue to the development of your country
Applicants of music study are requested to submit a CD of their work.
Applicants for fine arts programmes are to submit a CD of their work which includes sketches, 2 colour paintings and 2 other works.
Deadline to apply is on or before 15 December 2023.
For further information please contact the Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education/ Human Resource, at telephone number 473-440-2737/417-9762 or via email [email protected]
Ministry of Education