The Government of the People’s Republic of China, in collaboration with the Government of Grenada, is offering scholarships for study in Chinese Universities for undergraduate programmes, master’s programmes or doctoral programmes in the academic year 2022/2023.
All applicants MUST:
- be in good health (mentally and physically)
- be a citizen of Grenada
- be willing to learn the Chinese Language for the first year, as the course of study will be taught in Chinese
- be a high school graduate under 25-years-old when applying for undergraduate programmes
- be a bachelor’s degree holder under 35-years-old when applying for master’s programmes
- be a master’s degree holder under 40-years-old when applying for doctoral programmes
- be a high school graduate (at least) under 45-years-old when applying for general scholar programmes
- be a master’s degree holder or an associate professor (or above) under the age of 50 when applying for senior scholar programmes.
- meet the admission requirements of the applied universities in terms of academic ability, language proficiency and other relevant criteria
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3, when applying for Chinese-taught undergraduate or general scholar programmes
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 3, when applying for Chinese-taught senior scholar programmes
- have acquired the Chinese proficiency of HSK Level 4, when applying for Chinese-taught master’s or doctoral programme
All applicants are required to:
- Fill out and submit an application form for Chinese Government Scholarship
- Fill out and submit the Foreigner Physical Examination Form online and upload all application documents online through the website campuschina.org
- Certified copy of passport bio-data (front) page – passport MUST NOT expire before 1 March 2023
- Certified copy of highest academic certificate
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Certified copy of Language qualification certificates. Applicants for Chinese-taught programmes must submit valid HSK reports in accordance with the corresponding Chinese proficiency requirements Applicants for other language-taught programmes shall provide relevant language proficiency certificates according to the universities’ requirements, like IELTS or TOFEL report
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors
- Research proposal/study plan (minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates)
Topics should include:
- Describe how acquiring this academic degree will directly impact and enhance your professional skills in your current job position or future career
- Explain how you intend to apply the acquired knowledge and experience in the specific field of study that you will pursue to the development of your country
- Applicants of music study are requested to submit a CD of their work
- Applicants for fine arts programmes are to submit a CD of their work, which includes sketches, two colour paintings and two other works
- Submit a valid non-criminal record report no more than 6 months old, prior to submission
- Pre-admission letter from Chinese Government Scholarship Universities selected on the application form
PLEASE NOTE: Uploaded supporting documents must be done using professional device to scan documents and ensure they are clear, certified and valid.
Please carefully read ALL the instructions before applying for the scholarship.
Step 1: Visit “CSC Study in China” website and click “Scholarship Application for Students” at http://www.campuschina.org
Register an account through [CREATE AN ACCOUNT] and login with your account.
Step 2: Input Personal Details. Click “Edit Personal Details” and finish inputting personal details by filling in all the information, verifying and saving the information. After the completion of this section, return to the previous page by clicking “Finish” and start filling in your application information.
Step 3: Select the correct “Programme Category.”
Please select Programme Category “Type A”.
Step 4: Input the correct Agency Number.
Your Agency Number is: 3081
Programme Category and Agency Number are directly matched and both are mandatory for online application.
After inputting agency number, the matched agency name will automatically show on the page. As Programme Category and Agency Number are directly matched, application processing authorities will not receive your online application if the programme category or agency number are not correct.
Step 5: Input Application Information
Next, please move on to the section of “Language Proficiency and Study Plan” and upload “Supporting Documents” as requested, then click “Submit” to complete the application. Check each part of your application carefully before submission. Please make sure that all the information and uploaded documents are valid and accurate.
When applicants of “Type A” application choose the “Preferences of Institutes”, system will automatically match the available universities according to the selected “Student Category, Preferred Teaching Language and Major Applying For”. With any inquiry concerning the available majors of each university, please visit the following website.
“Catalog of Discipline Field, First-level Discipline, Specialty” is available from the “Help.” Applicants could download the file to identify the relation between Discipline and Major.
Step 6: Once submitted, amendment cannot be made on “Personal Details” and “Application Information.” Before the application being processed by the processing authorities, applicants can revoke the submitted application by clicking “Withdraw” and edit the application. After revoking the application, applicants must submit a second time after re-editing, or the application will not be processed. Once the application is processed, the application cannot be revoked.
Step 7: Click “Print the Application Form” and download the form.
Please use Firefox or Internet Explorer
For applicants using Internet Explorer, please close the “compatible view mode” function ahead of editing.
Applicants MUST Print ALL application documents and submit THREE (3) copies of each to the Scholarship Desk, at the Ministry of Education/Human Resource Development the following:
- Certified copy of Passport bio-data (front) Page. Passport must not expire before March 1, 2023.
- Three (3) passport size photographs
- Certified copies of highest diploma
- Certified copy of academic transcripts
- Research proposal/study plan (minimum of 200 words for undergraduates, 500 words for non-degree students, and 800 words for postgraduates.)
DEADLINE: on or before 28 December 2021
For further information please contact Scholarship Desk, Ministry of Education/Human Resource Development, at telephone number (473) 440-2737/417-9762 or via email [email protected] or [email protected]