The St David’s Track Blazers Athletic Club hosted its first Awards Ceremony on Saturday, 12 December 2015, at the Corinth Government School under the theme “Awarding Excellence, Dedication and Perseverance as we chart the course for future successes.”
The awards sought to recognize the athletes and athletic performances for the year 2014–2015. The guest Speaker was Chief Education Officer Elvis Morain. He underscored basic tenants for the continued success of the club and implored parents to continue to support their child and the club so that more persons can benefit from the club.
At the awards the executive bestowed honorary membership on:
- Sir Daniel Williams for consenting to be the club’s patron
- Mrs Maudlyn Ferguson for whose vision and encouragement led to the formation of the club
- Mr Elvis Morain — the first president of SDTB
Athletes were awarded in the following areas:
- Sportswoman of the year — Kennisha Pascal
- Sportsman of the year — Anderson Peters
- Junior Sportswoman of the year — Jonair Thomas
- Junior Sportsman of the year — Jared Sylveste
Other awards were presented to
- Emron Gibbs — Athlete with leadership qualities (studying in the USA)
- Yacob John — Excellent Attendance to training
- Dexter Gill — Most committed Athlete to Club Activities
A lifetime achievement award was presented to Mr Charles A R George for his selfless years of service to the sport of Athletics in Grenada.
2015 marks the 10th anniversary of the SDTB.