The Ministry of Education, in collaboration with the Child Month Committee, will be celebrating Child Month from 1–31 October under the theme, “Every Child Matters: See Me! Value Me!”.
As such, the focus of the celebration is on inclusiveness and ensuring that each child feels cherished, valued, and supported, while actively dismantling biases that restrict the limitless potential of children.
Child Month Activities 2023
Some general activities to commemorate Child Month are:
- Opening address by the Governor General
- Child Sabbath/Child Sunday: 14–15 October
- Live forums highlighting the theme
- Child Month message from the Ministry of Social and Community Development Housing and Gender Affairs
- Schools display child month messages through creative means
- Sale of T-shirts
- Street Marches: Week of 16–20 October
- Closing remarks by the Minister for Education, Sen. the Hon. David Andrew, 31 October
Areas of Focus
- Inclusivity – embracing differences
- Mental Health
- Creating a supportive environment/climate at home and in school
While the established colour for Child Month is burnt orange, please note that as we prepare to celebrate Grenada’s Golden Jubilee 50th Anniversary of Independence, the National Colours will be featured for this year’s celebration. Therefore, the T-shirts will be red with green and gold text.
T-shirts will be available at the following outlets:
|Grenada Tees||Upper Depradine Street, Gouyave, St John||(473) 437-2336|
|Grenada Tees||Main Street, Sauteurs, St Patrick||(473) 442-9050|
|Grenada Tees||Ben Jones Street, Grenville, St Andrew||(473) 440-8337|
|Full Screen Graphics||Woolwich Road, St George||(473) 440-8177|
|Impress Grafix||Madeys, St Patrick||(473) 442-1831|
The Ministry encourages everyone to participate actively in Child Month 2023.