The Grenada Tourism Authority is the organisation in Grenada tasked with marketing and promoting Grenada as a tourism destination.
We pride ourselves on leading the way in the Grenada tourism industry to encourage economic growth for the benefit of all citizens.
Our core values are positivity, respect, openness/honesty, commitment and excellence, and we currently have an opportunity for a passionate, organised team member with excellent communication skills.
Position Summary: Grand Anse Craft & Spice Market Supervisor. The postholder is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Market ensuring that regulations are complied with.
Contract Type: Fixed Term
You are invited to apply if you can demonstrate that you meet the following core competencies:
- Targets and achieves results, overcomes obstacles, accepts responsibility, establishes standards and responsibilities, creates a result-oriented environment, and follows through on actions
- Communicates well, both verbally and in writing. Effectively conveys and shares information and ideas with others. Listens carefully and understands various viewpoints. Presents ideas clearly and concisely and understands relevant detail in presented information
- Possesses the ability to define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions. Consistently does the right thing by performing with reliability
Innovation and Adaptability
- Generates novel ideas and develops or improves existing and new systems that challenge the status quo, takes risks, encourages innovation, demonstrates resilience, and stress tolerance in difficult situations. Adjusts to change and manages the change process
- Effectively and productively engages with others and establishes trust, credibility, and confidence with others
- Listens to customers, builds customer confidence, increases customer satisfaction, ensures commitments are met, sets appropriate customer expectations, and responds to customer needs
- Knows when and how to attract, develop, reward, and utilise teams to optimise results. Acts to build trust, inspire enthusiasm, encourage others and help resolves conflicts, and develop consensus in creating high-performance teams
Technical/ Functional Skills
- Demonstrates strong technical/functional proficiencies and knowledge in areas of expertise
Position Requirements and Qualifications:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Building Technology or similar. A facilities management qualification would be advantageous. Plus 5 CXC passes, including English Language.
- At least 3 years supervisory experience in a similar environment
- Technical skills related to buildings and property
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of people including employees, management, partner representatives, and service providers
Applications should be made via this link or by visiting the GTA Facebook page.
The closing date for applications is 5 December 2022.
Only suitable applicants will be contacted.