The affiliates of the Grenada Football Association have elected former FIFA Regional Manager and Attorney at Law, Marlon Glean, as President.
In elections presided over by the Electoral Committee chaired by Victor Ashby and observed by FIFA and Concacaf representatives, the final tally was 13:8 in Glean’s favour over the incumbent, Cheney Joseph.
The GFA Annual General Council meeting and elections which took place on Saturday, 11 June at the Kirani James Athletics Stadium Conference Room also saw changes to the entire Executive body with the exception of Randy Campbell former Parish Director now, second Vice President.
The new Executive is as follows:
- President: Marlon Glean
- 1st Vice President: Carl Andall
- 2nd Vice President: Randy Campbell
- Parish Director for St Andrew: Ricky Aberdeen
- Parish Director for St Patrick: Ricky Williams
- Parish Director for St David: Ken: Martin Whiteman
- Parish Director for St Mark: Arco Mark
- Parish Director for St John: Rolly Duncan
- Parish Director for St George: Lyndon Bubb
- Carriacou and Petite Martinique: Duane Williams
- Female Member: Cazirah Thomas
In addressing the affiliates following the elections, the new president called on all stakeholders to come together to work towards the development of football in Grenada, Carriacou and Petite Martinique. He further stated, “The clubs have given clear instructions for us to go out and change the landscape of Grenada football by providing more opportunities for players, developing grassroots programmes and enhancing the different leagues.”
President Glean said his ultimate aim is to develop a football product that all Grenadians can be proud of. He thanked former President Cheney Joseph for his 23 years of service to football as a player and an administrator.
Comment on post